Do you have both of these in your First Aid Kit??? 🙌Correct X is super soothing to the skin, keeps the skin clean & helps the tissue repair & regenerate. Its got Frankincense, Helichrysum, Melaleuca, Cedarwood, and Lavender essential oils and is gentle and non-irritating …
Month: November 2021
Microwaveable hand warmers are easy to make and reuse. For fabric consider upcycling an old cotton or flannel shirt, but be sure to select a fabric that is natural, as synthetic fabrics may melt or burn when heated. Store with clothing or linen to freshen your closet, replenish hand warmers with essential oils when desired, and enjoy!
Essential oil of choice
- Cut out two 4 inch x 4 inch squares for every hand warmer desired.
- Sew right sides of fabric together, leaving a few inches open on one side.
- Turn fabric right side out.
- In a medium bowl mix flax seed with essential oil. Use three to five drops of oil for every cup of grain (this results in a pretty strongly scented hand warmer.) Mix and allow to sit for 5–10 minutes.
- Use the grain to fill the hand warmers about ¾ full and then stitch closed.
- Heat hand warmers 25–30 seconds in the microwave, allow to sit for about 30 seconds and then place in pockets to warm your hands.
Tips: To fill the hand warmers you can use wheat, rice, flax seed, or even cherry pits. For this DIY we used flax seed which seems to hold heat well and has a less distinguishable smell than other grains.