Fizzing Bath Bombs
Note: If you don’t have a bathtub, these bath bombs can still be effective in a shower. The water will help dissolve the bath bomb and release the aroma of the essential oils into the steam.
1 cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
½ cup cornstarch
8–10 drops favorite essential oil
Note: Citric acid can be found at most major supermarkets in the canning section. You can also use almond oil or olive oil in the place of doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil in a bowl.
- Add eight to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture.
- Place mixture in silicone molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold.
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.