Reusable Dust Wipes with Lemon Oil
The amount of dust that accumulates around your home is sometimes a mystery. Vacuuming your carpets and changing your sheets on a weekly basis can help cut down on those dust bunnies, but what about your hard surfaces? Dust wipes (as compared to feather dusters that simply move the dust from one place to another) are a significant help because they trap the dust in the cloth. There are disposable versions available in supermarkets, however, making reusable ones is simple and environmentally friendly.
Our version of dust wipes uses Lemon oil, making them particularly helpful for purifying surfaces, polishing wood furniture, and also for removing thicker dust or dust that may be slightly greasy from cooking.
2 cups distilled water
25 drops Lemon oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Cut 3–5 flour cloth towels into fourths or quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and add all cloths.
- Soak in liquid mixture until there are no dry spots on the cloth.
- Ring out each cloth until it is damp and no more moisture comes out.
- Tightly roll up the cloths and store them together in an air-tight container.
- If cloths happen to dry out before you use them, dampen with water before use.
Tip: To reuse simply wash used cloths and re-apply ingredients.