Taking your vitamins before bed or on an empty stomach can help. To put it simply, burping is a sign that your capsule has started to break open and release its contents—and it can be even more noticeable if your vitamin has started dissolving in…
Month: July 2019
There are two recipes here, one with sugar, one without!
DIY Soothing Cough Drops with Essential Oils
Here’s What You’ll Need:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold water
1 tbsp honey
Powdered Sugar (to line cookie sheet)
10-20 drops dōTERRA OnGuard essential oil (always read the label first to ensure the oil can be ingested-i only use dōTERRA)
10-20 drops dōTERRA Lemon essential oil (always read the label first to ensure the oil can be ingested-i only use dōTERRA)
1. Bring sugar, honey, and water to a boil slowly on med heat.
2. When it reaches 280°F Put in oils, aft 300°F (when you can put a little drop in cold water and it gets hard right away) take off heat and let sit until it stops boiling and all the bubbles are gone.
3. On a cookie sheet, make a layer with powdered sugar
4. Take a small, round measuring spoon and make indents in the sugar.
5. Slowly spoon the hot sugar mixture into your powdered sugar mold.
6. Let sit until cool, sift to get the excess sugar off.
Storing Your Cough Drops:
These cough drops keep well for quite some time, just be sure to store them in an airtight container.
Take your drops with you:Make individual drop wrappers using wax or parchment paper. Cut a rectangle of the paper and wrap it around your cough drop. Twist both ends and voila, cough drops that are ready to travel with you!
Homemade No Sugar Added Cough Drops with Essential Oils
What You’ll Need:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 14 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 drops On Guard essential oil
How to Make it:
- Put the honey and coconut oil into a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand blender mix the 2 ingredients for about 20 seconds or until combined.
- Once your mixture is combined, add the essential oils to the mixture and fold a few times so the oils are worked in.
- Line a tray or plate with parchment paper and use a spoon to drop dollops of the mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Place the try in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Pull them out of the freezer when you are ready to use them.
Yield:This recipe made 20 cough drops but I made a few larger than I should have so I would expect you can get 24 cough drops out of this recipe.
Notes about using your cough drops:
- I would recommend you keep the cough drops in the freezer or at least the fridge as honey and coconut oil will both melt if they get warm.
- When you put the cough drops in your mouth you will notice that they are considerable softer than the other essential oil cough drops made with sugar. That said, they still seem to work great for soothing the throat
- Keep your cough drops in an airtight container or use small pieces of parchment paper to make individual wrappers for them.
- Keep out of the heat, due to the natural consistency of both the honey and coconut oil, these will melt if exposed to heat.
The Shipping Rewards Program helps a Wellness Advocate or Wholesale Customer earn FREE product points that can be used toward purchasing orders. Any Wholesale Customer or Wellness Advocate can earn Shipping Reward Program (SRP) Points in 3 ways: By placing any online order By placing a…
Big feelings in small bodies can be hard to express, regulate, and (for kids and adults alike) understand. The doTERRA® Kid’s Oil Collection is a unique “whole-body” essential oil toolbox, designed to empower adults to confidently care for the health and wellness of little ones.…
SAY IT SATURDAY!!
A friend who is a cancer survivor, health and wellness advocate, and an all around fighter wrote this and it really makes you think. So I had to post it also. I probably have people in my friend’s list that would boast about using bleach! 😱😱😱
👉Did you grow up using bleach?
👉Do you use it now?
👉If you know bleach is bad and you use it anyway, why?
Let me tangent for a minute…..
And because I know that some of you are in love with what you think this does for you..
Bleach is one of the most corrosive and deadly chemicals in your home. ☢️ Did you know, almost 1/3 of all household accidents involve bleach and bleach containing products?! Also in the U.S. 235,000 poisonings from personal care products and cleaners each year!!
Now here’s where I’m gonna blow your mind! 🤯
🔹Bleach can cause chemical burns and ulcerations.
🔹increases asthma and allergy symptoms – bleach inflames the mucous membranes of the lungs the same as smoking a pack of cigarettes/day (Google 20 year lung study)
🔹can also cause wheezing, bronchospasm and sometimes pulmonary edema
🔹Ingestion of bleach causes major damage to the tissues of the GI tract
🔹When mixed with ammonia, it creates a deadly gas. Remember that urine (yes PEE) contains ammonia, so using bleach products in the toilet increases the risk of creating a toxic gas that can actually stop lung function!
🔹Bleach and dish soap combined can create mustard gas. Yes, I said mustard gas. ☣️
🔹Bleach in gas form creates dioxins. (Dioxins are a known cancer-causing compound related to birth defects, miscarriages, infertility, diabetes, immune disorders and more – found in laundry and cleaning items)
🔹When mixed with wastewater it is found to form several organic compounds. One being chloroform – which causes dizziness, headache, respiratory issues, heart attack, liver/kidney damage, birth defects and more.
Cancer, auto immune disorders, breathing problems, learning and development issues, especially in children, are on the rise with caustic substances like bleach.☠️☠️☠️
➿I stopped store bought chemicals in 2015 after I got through my cancer. I haven’t looked back. I can’t even handle the smell of synthetics anymore. My body can smell it from a mile away and gives me a headache. This heightened sensitivity is bc my body completely detoxed off of chemical and my immune system is stronger than ever and fights off illnesses easier.
It’s truly unbelievable. You guys, toxic chemicals like bleach, lysol, scrubbing bubbles, pledge, etc ARE TOXIC!! THEY USE CHEMICALS PROVEN TO LOWER YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM, making it harder for your body to fight off the sickness!! 🤯🤯🤯 Literally doing the exact opposite of what you think they are doing!
#YouDontNeedBleach #BleachMakesYouSick #ToxicCleanersMakeYouSick
*borrowed post from another advocate